My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Deanna Rose Farmstead

I had Thursday off. John is off contract at the moment so we actually had a day off together with the boys. John suggested we make a visit to the Deanna Rose Farmstead. It was a brilliant idea. It was a beautiful sunny day.

Before we stepped out for the day, I surprised the boys some grilled chocolate sandwiches - in fancy terms, chocolate paninis. They loved it! I will say that it took them a bite of the actual sandwich before they decided chocolate paninis are pretty amazing. All three of my fellas looked at me as if I had lost my mind when I said "grilled chocolate sandwich." Wyatt acutally said "EW!"

And you can bet your bottom dollar that it was Mommy who said "EW!" after Wy was done with his chocolate panini!

We finally managed to get ourselves out of the house and we spent the afternoon petting goats, riding ponies and mini tractor/trikes, horse drawn wagon rides, slides, we visited bunnies and baby pigs - it was truly a wonderful wonderful day. By the time we made it to the petting zoo, John and I didn't have any change on hand to buy feed for the little goats. I thought if I just didn't say anything, the boys would go in and just pet the little guys. We weren't even in the pen for 30 seconds before Jack and Wy started picking little pellets off the ground to give to the goats. There was no stopping them people. I finally settled on telling them to just not touch the little black ones...

You can find more pictures of our day if you go over to my sidebar and click on the shutterfly link.
Love and Blessings!
Amy & the gang.

0 comments: