My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

August 23, 2008

Just a few days after I made my last post my dear Gran passed away. As much as Gran pre planned everything, the week was filled with getting ready for the services. My experience of the last few days has lead me to believe that preplanning your funeral is a true gift to your family. I simply cannot imagine how much more stressful things would have been if my aunts (including Johanna & Jeanne) and uncles had to figure all that out.

That being said, the week flew by in a sense of slow motion. I'm sorry to say I am too pooped to write up anything about the boys. I do have one picture of my fellas in their finery after the funeral, but I can't find the camera right now.

Please lend your thoughts to my mother's family as Gran's is not the only death they are coping with right now. My mama's aunt Mary is expected to pass within a few days. And one of Mary's grandsons died this week as well.

I promise to get back in the swing of things in the next week. And in honor of my Gran -
"Love them where they are, not where you want them to be."

God bless and keep you all.
love,
a, j, j & y

0 comments: