My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Wy is 2 part 2

I think I mentioned that Wy sings his own version Happy Birthday: "Happy to you!" For as much as he runs around singing this little ditty - he had a full on melt down when we sang Happy Birthday to him after dinner last night. I don't know if we scared him or if he just didn't like all of us singing together - whatever it was, he wasn't having it.

He got a few new Thomas trains and was engrossed with them. (Jack was VERY hard pressed to keep his hands off of Wy's booty.) Each of the trains comes with a little name plate card that tells you about your new train and a little booklet that shows what other Thomas goodies your parents can buy for you. This booklet is always a HUGE hit and somehow they remain in tact for amazingly long periods of time. I am sure the little thing is gone and 5 minutes later someone is POURING over one of those little booklets.

Aunt Jeanette sent a package and scored big time with the wooden fire truck. Wy couldn't decide if he wanted to play with Rocky and his train cars or the fire engine. She also scored big with her little brother John by including a copy of The Mouse and the Motorcycle! (And another hit with sister-in-law Amy's lovely earrings, trinket box and tablecloth from Tajikistan and Russia- Beautiful!)

Bedtime was pretty much a nightmare. The boys were hopped up on sugar from the yummy cake John and I put together. Wy & Jack were so excited about going to meet Thomas in the morning that they were bouncing all over the bed, the walls, me...Poor John was trying to read one of the books Jeanette sent, but no one could hear him over the boys and their noise.

Look to the next post for Wy's birthday pix.
Love from Owenland Park!!!

0 comments: