My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Face-in-the-Snow Angels

The boys were scheduled for a half day of school on Thursday. They would have had an hour or two of classes, a school mass and their Christmas parties. Mother Nature had other plans and brought enough snow and ice to result in school being cancelled. I still had to work and was taking the boys with me so we all had to get up. Jack sat up like a shot once he heard the word "snow". He then took over the duties of waking up little brother. He nagged and nagged until Wyatt got up. "Come look out the window Wyatt! I have a surprise!" Wyatt walked to the window. Jack opened the curtains and announced
 "I present to you - SNOW!"
The boys were desperate to get out into the snow. I knew we had to get moving but I decided it was more important to be a mom than it was to be a little late for work. I bundled them up while John made pancakes. Wyatt took three steps out the back door and threw himself face down in the snow to make Face-in-the-Snow-Angels. I think it is lovely.


0 comments: