My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Catching up

Hi there everyone!
I know it has been a few weeks - but they have been super busy. After we took the boys to A Day Out With Thomas, we spent the weekend in Omaha and then took a trip to San Francisco and Moss Beach. The boys were wonderful and we had a great time. I will fill you in on that later. I thought I could at least give you a little hold-me-over until I can get to that though...

First - I dropped my camera in the ocean the last day of our stay in Moss Beach. We were able to retrieve the camera, but I'm not sure if it has survived or not. We managed to get the SD card out very quickly and I don't think it had any water damage - but cross your fingers. It was chock-a-block full of pictures from our trip.

OK - I have been in rehearsals the last two weeks for a brand new musical called U:BUG:ME. Rehearsals have been running till 9:00 every night so I have barely seen the kids. Yesterday and today were our tech rehearsals. (For the uninitiated - tech means we add lights, sound etc and work 2 days in a row from noon till midnight with a 2 hour dinner break. Long days...)

John was a sweetheart and brought the boys out to have dinner with me tonight. The boys really wanted to eat at Fritz's, which is a restaraunt for families. Trains run everywhere, your dinner is delivered by a train...heaven for the boys. I couldn't stand being inside one more minute so I made them take me across the street to Panera. After dinner we walked around the fountain area. This weekend is all about chalk artists - so we took in all the chalk art. Then we discovered the play area for kids which was full of hula hoops and chalk. Holy cow, you would have thought the heavens opened up and rained down a barrel of sunshine on the boys. They ran around playing, drawing, chasing run away hoops, hopped, walked and jumped through hoops...It was good times.

OK - I have to get the actors to places and do this dress run. Blessings on you all and I will get caught up with our goings on very soon.

peace and blessings!

0 comments: