My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Moss Beach

I do apologize for not touching in more frequently over the last few weeks, but I must say we have had a lot going on. A few days after our outing with Thomas in Baldwin City, we went to Omaha for my Aunt Johanna's retirement celebration. And a few short days after that, we flew out to California for a lovely vacation.

Getting to California was rather difficult. There were numerous mix ups with the air line tickets for the Owen family - but it all got worked out in the end. John and I had prepared for full on fits from the boys on the flight. Let me tell you, our boys were ANGELS! They behaved not only on each flight, but everywhere we went; planes, trains, ferries, carousels, cars, amusement parks, walks, shops, travel...Angels! That is nothing less than Gran would have expected - she called all her grandkids "Angel babies".

Our first day in California, we went to Pier 39. The boys were fascinated with the sea lions and barked like them all day long. Every time I turned around one of the boys was barking and giggling. Jack insisted he wanted to ride a boat so we took a ferry tour around the bay. Then John and I ditched the boys with the grandparets so he and I could check out the cable cars. Who knew that the cable car fellas turn the cars around manually when they reach the end of the line? I had no idea. John and I had a fun time playing tourist riding the cable car and checking out the cable car museum. Mom tells me Wy passed out and Jack had a fabulous time riding the carousel at the pier.

We took a day trip out to Oakland to visit this place called Children's Fairyland. That was a day of nonstop fun for the boys. Petting zoo, mini ferris wheel, funky little train, mazes, sand pits, HUGE slides, and of course another carousel. After the ride was over, I went in to help Jack get off the carousel,but he asked to ride again. The lady told him that was fine. I stepped out to go sit with John and when I turned around there was a little girl sitting on the horse next to Jack. They were holding hands and he was talking a mile a minute to her. Those two held hands and talked the whole ride! After the ride, Jack asked if I saw his "girlfriend." (A few days later he asked me if he could look at the picture of his girlfriend on my camera...)

The next day we went took in the San Francisco Zoo, which was a bust: not many of the animals were out. Jack was frustrated and finally ripped the map out of my hands, slapped it down on the ground and started telling me which way to go to get us to the carousel. "Mommy, we has to follow a purple line and go this way to a carousel." It was so funny, the lady beside us was really struggling not to laugh. After lunch and a ride on the carousel, we headed back to Pier 39 so we could check out Chinatown, Little Italy, and as a treat for being such angels - John and I walked the boys over to Ghiradelli for ice cream. Wy was a chocolate ice cream nightmare. He had ice cream in his hair, his socks, even in his underwear - and I have no idea how he accomplished that.

We were scheduled to head home on Sunday - but the airline was having lots of delays and we were bumped to Monday morning. Unfortunately this information was conveyed a little too late in the day for us to come up with alternate plans. We spent the majority of the day returning the car, figuring out alternate return plans and waiting for my daddy to come to our rescue. Thanks, daddy!

OK - here is a link to our photos from the trip. Another slide show. My favorite shots are Jack and his girlfriend, Jack and the map of the zoo, Wy in his 'tunnel' and then the sand pit - as well as our family photo op at the shore in Pacifica. I hope you enjoy!

http://owenlandparkproductions.shutterfly.com/
Look for the Moss Beach album

More soon - love and blessings,
Owenland Park.

1 comments:

McBethie said...

The next time you go there, be sure to take in the Jelly Belly factory. It's not far from Oakland. We were just in San Francisco/Burlingame the first week of June! The Jelly Belly factory was hands down one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. =)

Loved reading the blog!