My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Frozen Nuggets

Devon cut over 12" off of her hair. It now falls to her shoulders. She came over to the house after having her hair cut. After about 15 minutes of sheer puzzlement Jack finally piped up with "Who are you?" She said "I'm your Aunt Devon." You could see that he still didn't believe her. She finally had to pull her hair back from her face like she was putting it into a pony tail. He looked her up and down said "Oh" and made a raspberry at her.

I have debated this, but finally decided it is simply too funy... There is a little Thomas song that goes like so "Thomas, you're my number one! Working hard and having fun. Thomas you're the leader! Thomas you're the leader!" Wy substitutes many other things for the word Thomas in that song. Some days it is Mommy or Daddy or Libby (one of the cats.) My favorite days are when he alters the lyrics altogether and sings "Mommy, you're my sweetie peep! Mommy, you're my sweetie peep!" Well...Mom was helping Wy get changed one morning and he started to sing "Penis you're my number one! Workin' hard and havin' fun!"

Poor John has been working long long days and a few extremely late nights (even one over nighter) in order to get his show up. The boys hadn't seen him for a few days and one morning he was heading out with all of us and Wy got so excited. He yelled "Daddy, did you have a good nap?" He seemed to think that John had been asleep for a whole week...

Wy crawled into bed with us one morning this week. I cuddled him up and said "You are so handsome." He put his hands behind his head and (with his passer in his mouth) said "Yeah. I am."

We had chicken nuggets one night last week. John was taking a turn cooking dinner and was on the verge of putting the nuggets in the oven when Devlyn cdame through the kitchen. She started flipping out. John finally manged to calm her down so she could explain her problem. She didn't want her nuggets cooked. Devlyn insisted on frozen chicken nuggets. She freaked out until he promised her he wouldn't cook them. She ate them frozen. Who eats frozen nuggets?

Abby and Connie stepped in it deep yesterday morning. Let's back up a titch. Dad and Devon picked up a rental car last week to go to Alabama for Jude's baptism. They wound up getting a cheaper price to rent the car for a week. That meant they would return the car Thursday evening. In the mean time - Devon took the girls to school a few mornings this week. Thursday was one of them. After Dev got out to the car, she realized she didn't have her glasses. She pulled the car into the driveway and parked behind me so she could run inside really quickly. I was in my car getting ready to pull out, but said it was no big deal to wait. As I sat in my car, I suddenly saw the windshield wipers on the rental car going back and forth. I turned around and couldn't tell much through my rear window. I got out of my car and saw two dark humps quickly dart into the back seat of the car. I went over to the rental car and opened the driver's door. I asked the girls what they were doing. Connie said "Abby turned the key." I'm not going to lie - I lost my biscuit. I don't even know what I said, but I pointed out that if she had knocked the car into gear they could have rolled backwards into our neighbors house. Or she could have rolled the car backwards into a NEIGHBOR. Or they could have been hit by a passing car. Mom suggested the girls come up with their own punishments. They liked the punishment of no computer for a week. Mom didn't agree. She settled on a 30 minute earlier bedtime for a week as well as no participation in this week's family night.

Jess is currently sicker than a dog. She has been staying a few days at my Aunt Johanna's house so she doesn't expose all the kids in her host family. Jess got in to see a Dr. today and was told she doesn't have pneumonia or swine flu. She just has a very bad cold.

There is a long haired cat in the neighborhood who adopted us a few weeks ago. I never see this cat anywhere except on the back porch screaming at me to feed her. Dad says he sees her running from other houses to ours when we come home. Anyway, she is a very pretty cat and with 5 kids in the house we have not been able to simply ignore the cat so we are now feeding her in the mornings. For a few minutes we called her Ginger due to her coloring. Jack somehow managed to morph Ginger to Danger. And a few days later she suddenly became Murphy. Devon did all kinds of checking around the neighborhood, shelters etc and we could not track down this kitty's home. She finally took Murphy to a friend of hers who lives on a farm. Devon said Murphy was hanging out on top of hay bales by the time she and Devlyn left for home that afternoon. One of the daily chores for the littler kids is to take turns feeding the cats. They are all sad that Murphy doesn't live with us anymore.

Mom bought a blue beta fish for Jack. (Though we treat it as the family fish.) Jack has named it Buster. I am amazed that the fish didn't wind up with a name like Thomas or Gordon - because those are blue trains...

Jack fixed the screen door this week. Devlyn and Wy were playing at the door and pulled or knocked out a little pin that holds the tension arm thing together. Before I had the opportunity to go over and fix it, Jack walked up, assessed the situation, picked up the bolt, put the arm together and dropped the bolt in place. Then he looked at me and said - "Devlyn and Wyatt broke it. I fixed it for you, Mommy." I took it apart again so I could take a little video of him fixing the door - unfortunately - I can't get it loaded here...ARGH. It's real cute...

Lastly, John and I took Jack to see Into The Woods at the Rep this week. Jack was mesmerized. He wouldn't sit through all of act I. He wouldn't even look away from the stage. He sneezed a globule of goo onto his hand at one point and without missing a beat simply held his hand out to John to clean it off. He didn't look away from the stage - just held his hand out to Daddy. At the end of Act I, Jack thought it was over and we were going home. He was so excited about taking a break and watching more. Then the show got dark and grim. He curled up in John's lap, but didn't make a peep about being scared. When it was over he said "I fink it was good. I liked the cow." (There is a large fake cow in the show.) All I could think was "All the hard work that went into this back breaker of a show and Jack likes the cow..."

That's it for me peeps. Love and blessings to you all. More next week!
The gang at Owenland Park.

1 comments:

Жанна said...

Did John mention that he backed the car down the driveway and across the street when he was little? Mom ran back in the house just to get one little thing and put the car in park. But it wasn't only the windshield wipers that were moving...