My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Old Chicago!

Last weekend John, the boys and I took the train to Chicago to visit Nana & Papa (their grandparents on John's side). The boys thought the train was amazing. Jack sat down, looked at me and said "Mommy, it's sooo beautiful."

The boys had a great time getting to know their Chicago grandparents. Nana and Papa live just behind Lake Shore drive so we had beautiful views of the lake. And the boys loved theh fact that we were within walking distance of a great park! Wy was climbing all over everything and insisted on doing it without help from anyone. That child is fearless.

We took a trip to the Sears Tower - The Willis Tower now. Did you know they now have 3 retractable glass rooms? In good weather these rooms stick out from the side of the building on the 103rd floor. Glass ceiling, glass walls, glass floor...You heard me, glass floor. And the boys just walked right out onto that glass floor. Jack sat down to tie his shoes and point out the cars 103 floors below his feet. Wy stood there banging his train Whiff on the glass wall. After the tower we headed out for a late lunch with Papa.

He took us to the zoo the next day. I'm telling you - go visit the Lincold Park Zoo the next time you are in Chicago. 1 - it's free. 2 - it's amazing. We a had a wonderful time. Jack was in love with any fish we passed. He also refused to look at any of the bears except the polar bear. He was so beautiful I nearly cried. I just couldn't believe how amazing that bear was. I truly could have sat there all day and watched him swim around. After I finally tore myself away from the polar bear, we went to a sea lion exhibit and then the boys pleaded for a ride on the kids zoo train. Pretty cute.

We went to a housewarming party that night and the boys were delighted by the 4 little kittens parading around the house. And then the big event - Nana and Papa took us out to A Day With Thomas. And the Chicago Day was much better than the one on KC. The boys got their Thomas tattoos. I got a Rosie tattoo and I was going to make John get one too, but when it was his turn Wyatt decided to make a break for it. Then it was off to play with the ever popular Thomas turntables. Then it was the melt downs over leaving the turn tables. I had to remind the boys there were trains and trolleys everywhere. We could look at real trains, see Thomas and go back to the turn tables. Then we came across the pull cars for kids - the boys LOVED the pull car. Jack asked me to take special pictures of EVERYTHING for his room. (We are moving towards a Thomas room.) Of course there were lots of tears when it was time to leave - but it was a big day and mommy was prepared, so I offered up pizza to anyone who could stay calm. Bingo!

Our train home left late in the afternoon so we had time for a lovely stroll in the morning. We walked past the marina, which the boys loved. Then we spent a great morning playing in the lake. Jack had fun, but Wy was on cloud 9. He had so much fun at the beach. He just loved running back and forth through the water. He thought it was the best thing ever.

You can visit out shutterfly account for the pictorials. Look over in the sidebars for Linky Dinks and click on Shutterfly. Then go to the Chicago album.

I'm going to head out. I'm fading super fast. I know this is a bit choppy - but I wanted to get something out to you all about last week. Love and blessings and you'll hear from me in a few days.

0 comments: