My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Happy Birthday, Abby!

Abby turned 9 on Saturday. I had rehearsal all day and didn't make it home until after dinner. Fortunaltely for me, the fam saved cake and presents until I got home. Yummy cake for me! Abby and I were going to make her cake, but Grandma picked up a yummy strawberry ice cream cake for the birthday girl. Abby lovedher cake.

My friend Shannon called that evening and talked to Abs. Shan informed me that Abby "feels -much- older" now that she is 9. She feels more grown up.

We have an Abels family tradition of letting the birthday person pick out what they want for dinner. Abby decided she wanted pizza. Mom remembers making personal pizzas on english muffins when she was younger, so she picked up pizza making goodies and let the kids make up thier own individual pizza works of art.

Abby got some very grown up gifts for such a grown up young lady. Gammy picked out a ring and watch set that Ab loves. Her mama gave her some perfume, which is lovely. And her uncle John picked out some fun iron on decals which will make a nice grown up project and personalize a t-shirt or two.

We will see you again soon,
love,
Amy & the gang at Owenland Park

0 comments: