My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

I have a GREAT idea, Mommy!

Wyatt: I have a GREAT idea, Mommy!
Mommy: What?
Wyatt: I DON'T KNOW!

Beth says she came around the corner one day to find the boys hanging out together watching TV. She said Jack had his arm around Wy and they were so cute that she hurried up to get her camera. I don't know about you, but I'm glad she took the time to snap this photo for us.


Abby & Connie took a Where the Wild Things Are class through the Coterie. They made Monster costumes for their last day of class. Here are Abbie and Connie showing off their Wild Selves. The man who taught the class is a friend and colleague of mine. He told me that he asked Abby how she liked the class. "Well..." she said to him "it was kind of boring." At least she was honest...

I believe I told you that Jack went to opening night of Little House with me. At some point during the post show reception, we went backstage where he found a fake bloody arm. Some of the guys helped him stuff this fake arm up his sleeve. Then he waited patiently to 'meet' someone and shake their hand. When that guy shook Jack's hand, the arm came out of his sleeve. I whispered to Jack that he should act hurt. He looked up at Art accusingly and very convincingly said "OW!"

Jess came home for the Thanksgiving break. It was nice to spend a few days with her. She told Melanie and I about making Mel's Taco Soup in her Taste of Life class. The soup earned Jess an A. Melanie said "I think Taco soup can save the world." I think I agree. It is really that yummy. Here is a link to her recipe: ok - the stubborn computer is being seriously stubborn and when I insert the link - it shows up in my edit panel, but not in the view panel... so, go to http://amyslittlekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/09/melanies-taco-soup.html

Jess also told us that her principal has been keeping an eye on her all semester. Although Jess' grades aren't great, her principal has seen enough of a change and improvement in Jess that she was one of 4 or 5 kids in the whole school to be given an award (for showing the most improvement) at their last assembly before Thanksgiving. Good job, Jess!!!

In an attempt to curb my foul sailor's mouth I try to utter utterly absurd comments; "Aflac!" "Oh pooper!" "Balls!" "Poop-a-loopa!" "Ka-caw! Ka-caw!" and others. As a matter of fact, a few days ago I was cross about something and called out "Ka-caw!" Jack promptly corrected me saying "No, Mommy. It's 'Ka-caw! Ka-caw!" I have come to view these vocal outbursts of mine as curse words and so it always takes me by surprise when the boys use one of them. I have to remind myself that they too need something appropriate to say in moments of strife or stress. Then I have to decide if what I'm saying is appropriate for them to be repeating. In that light, I sometimes make new choices. This week though, had me laughing so hard I nearly hurt myself trying to laugh but not let the boys hear me laughing. Last night John and I were in the kitchen getting ready to take the boys out to look at Christmas lights. I was teasing someone and said "Oh pooper. I'm so tired." Wy picked up a fistfull of popcorn and sighed "Oh pooper, Mommy."

John had the boys outside this past weekend and he e-mailed me the following: So I had the boys outside for what may be the last of the warmish days before winter arrives. They were having a great time. Wyatt would pace himself by making some circuit around the swing set then sliding down at the end of the pattern. Jack was all about new ways to enjoy a slide, mainly by trying to convince a little ball to go up the slide; this kept him occupied for a long time. Wyatt got cold and asked to go inside, so I opened the door for him, and when I got back out to work on convincing Jack to go in too, he was working on walking up the slide. As I got closer to him, I heard him saying something in regards to not doing so well in this endeavor. He was saying "Caa-Caaaa! Caa-Caaa!"



I have a silver heart locket without any pictures in it. I love the locket but can't seem to get around to getting tiny little photos of my men-folk to put into the locket. And I feel silly wearing a locket with no photos. I decided to get over it though and instead of photos, opened up my locket one day and had all the fellas put kisses into my locket. Now when Wy sees me wearing the locket he asks me to open it so he can put more kisses in it.

OK, I have to go feed the velociraptors. Love and many blessings on you all.
The Owenland Park Gang.

0 comments: