My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Paint, paint, pain...













We switched the kids' rooms. I painted both rooms, Devon and Mom picked up new curtains for the girls' room. And since we were in the midst of all the paint, I went ahead and painted my room too. The kids all seem to be adjusting to their new rooms very well. The girls seem to have a bit of an attachment to their old room as I'm constantly kicking them out of the boys' room. (We have a rule that the boys are not allowed in the girls' room nor are they allowed to hang around at the door and the reverse is true of the girls in regards to the boys' room.)The photos don't show it very well, but the kids' rooms are the same color. And my room is now a lovely dark grey - it also doesn't show up well - but whatever.

The dryer bit the dust. Mom & Dad picked up a new one this weekend at the NFM. Laundry backs up fast when you have 10 people in 1 house and the dryer is taking 4 full cycles to dry the clothes...Who knows when I will get around to learning how to use the thing. It took 6 months before I would even touch the washing machine - it has more buttons and options that my computer...

On the school front, Jess is has just wrapped up her first week at the local HS. Abby brought home all As & Bs. Great job!!! Connie is pushing harder and harder against doing getting her homework or any other chore completed - I'm not sure what is up with that.

That sums it up for this week. Love and blessings to you all.
Amy & the gang.

0 comments: