My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Uh-b'ya-b'ya

My sister-in-law was in China recently. She brought back a singing top for the boys. It has a crank that you fit into the top of the top and use it to crank it up. Then you set it on the floor and click it. The top separates from the handle and starts playing music and blinking colored lights as it spins. The boys call it the "Uh-b'yah-b'yah" because that is what it sounds like the people are singing on this song.

I pick up the majority of my groceries at the Aldi. You either bring your own bags or you snag empty boxes throughout the store and you bag your own groceries. There are usually a few stray boxes at the bagging counter and Wyatt considers it a score when there are boxes big enough to play in. He was growling "MERRR" at me when I snapped this picture. (In my house "MERRR" is an expression of extreme displeasure. You can often hear me saying "Don't you 'MERRR' me, young man!"

Jack likes "skits" - skittles

Jack looked at me the other night and said "I want you to make me a Triple B Sandwich, OK?" I stared at him blankly. "You know," he said "A bread, butter and bacon sandwich." Of course! How could I have forgotten about Triple B Sandwiches?

We celebrated John's birthday a few weeks ago. For dessert we went to Applebee's. There are TVs all over the place and different sporting events on each TV. Wy was obsessed with the TV with the 2 guys hitting each other. John and I explained that the fellas were boxing and that they rules and can only hit each other while they are in the ring. As we were leaving Wyatt said "I want to go some place where I can put on blue gloves, take off my shirt and punch other kids. Yeah!" When we told him this wasn't going to work out he asked "Can we go some place where Daddy can put on blue gloves, take off his shirt and punch a A-dult?"

0 comments: