My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Halloween

 The boys love my cat costume and asked me for weeks if I was going to wear my cat tail.
 Ready for some trick-or-treating! I was quite surprised that Wyatt wanted to be Luigi again this year. I have no idea who Jack is. A ninja? A GI Joe? Both? I never understood his explanation. He was just so excited over the costume - and I was so excited that Wyatt didn't want a new costume that I just bought Jack the costume he was waving around as he jumped all over the aisle.

The school hosts a Trunk or Treat the weekend before Halloween. It always falls on a day that I am in tech (working at minimum from noon to midnight) so I have to scurry over on my dinner break. I honestly think they like Trunk or Treat more than Halloween night. They are excited to see their friends and their teachers. And, it goes so fast - you don't have to walk all the way to the next house, you just hoof it over to the next parking spot. On Halloween evening I was sure we were going to be out for a good while but after about 30/40 minutes the boys asked "Can we go home?" and "Are we DONE yet?" It made me wonder if I am raising commies. What kid doesn't go after getting -more- candy?

0 comments: