My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of FUN!

Well friends,
Another post means I cannot believe the week has gone by so quickly yet again.

Watching this week's Presidential debate between the other two candidates was something I opted against. As we all know, I'm leading the numbers in the grassroots polling - so why bother with the other fellas? Instead of watching the debate, the boys and I hung out with my girlfriend Kelly and her boys Sawyer and Maxwell. Oh the fun was had by one and all. Jack is STILL talking about the buckets of balls he and the other boys played with. I must say the fun was had by one and all as bucket after bucket of balls was hauled to the top of the stairs only to be tossed one by one or by the bucket-load down the stairs. The boys even took turns sitting in the buckets of balls. I cannot describe to you the joyous time had by the boys. The funny thing is: they all had fun even when picking the balls up - and I think it was because they understood the balls were just being picked up so they could be tossed back down again.

Wy is working so hard on his vocabulary. He says all kinds of things, but never the full word - everything is first syllable only. (OK - he says "car" but that is the only full word on his plate right now.) "Tray!" train. "Heh!" Henry. "Day!" Daisy. "Pa!" Pappy. "Cah!" Cat. It seems that every day he is adding another word to his vocabulary. I am really amazed at how much I understand him for all of this one syllable business.

Beth took a class this week so my house manager's mama watched the boys at the theatre. In one hour she taught Jack how to count to 10 in Spanish (he can't do it on his own, but he can say all the words and knows what they mean), how to say hello, goodbye and thank you! He didn't want to go home that day so I had to bribe him by telling him we would give Daddy a surprise. Jackie-paper wasn't too convinced that counting in Spanish was going to be a big surprise, but Daddy was very impressed!


Poor Jack fell off of an office chair yesterday and is sporting a black eye. Here he is posing his eye for you.

The only other thing worth note is that all of Wyatt's food must pass a squish test. If he doesn't recognize the food product he must squish it before putting it in his mouth. If he can squish it sufficiently, he will try it. If it is vegetable it is bad. If it is meat, sweet or snacky - it is good.

All week long Jack has been asking to have eggs for breakfast and we haven't had any. As a treat for the boys, I ran out really early this morning and picked up eggs. I came home and fixed up some breakfast. When I heard Jack I told him I had a surprise for him. He saw his eggs, took my hand and said "That's so NICE, Mommy!"

OK - John and I are seeing Night of the Living Dead tonight. We are going to a wedding tomorrow, I get to see The Lion King next week. We may be going to Omaha at the end of the month and John just picked up tickets for us to go see Niel Diamond in December - I suddenly feel like I have a social life again!

Dear friends, have a blessed week and look for more fun & adventures next week! Love, A, J, J, & Y

0 comments: