My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Wy, oh Wy...

Wy spends the day running around with his tongue sticking out. Either the tip is just sitting out there for the world to see or he has it sticking straight out like an arrow. That boy has the longest, skinniest, pointiest tongue I have ever seen.

He is a little particular about kisses. If you ask for a kiss during the day - he offers his forehead, just like Jack. Bedtime is a different story: at bedtime Wy gives real kisses.

Poor little Wy found an empty candy bar wrapper and brought it to me the other day. I told him it was empty and put it in the trash. Oh, that boy CRIED. He pulled the wrapper back out of the trash and handed it to me. Again I said, "Baby, it's all gone" and put it in the trash. He looked at me as if I were the meanest thing on earth and he cried real tears. Then he did his "I'm so sad you WILL feel sorry for me" bit and tucked his head and kept right on crying. He does this same sort of head tuck when he is in trouble. For instance: if Mama finds him touching her laptop she says in a loud deep voice "Wyatt Cole, NO!" He immediately steps away and ducks his head for a few seconds. He may or may not put his head in his hands to emphasize his shame. Then it is as if he never heard the warning and he heads right back for the computer.

Wy guy was taking a nap on Monday while Jack and I were putting away the boys' clothes. I don't remember why, but I pretended to cry. Jack walked over to me, looked me in the eye and said "Take a breaf, mommy. I'm sorry you upset but mumble mumble mumble..." I couldn't make out anything else. It was so hard not to smile or laugh. I cried some more and asked him if I could have a kiss. He said "No. I'm sorry you upset. Take a breaf." He turned around and walked off. Now, I'm pleased to know that I'm helping him learn how to handle being upset, but I want it on the record that I never say "take a breath" followed by walking away.

We try to get the boys involved in daily tasks around here. Jack is expected to put his plate, silverware and cup in the sink when he is done eating. I ask him to put those items in the left side of the sink so he doesn't get food on any clean plates. John texted me today to say Wy was running back and forth in the kitchen and then there was a thunk that caught John's attention. Wy had decided he was done with his cereal so he was putting each piece of cereal on the sink ledge and then put his own bowl in the sink - on the left side.

Wy plays with Jack's trains constantly. He loves to hook them together and hold them aloft to see how much weight they can hold. He drives them around. He carries them all over the house. And this is the nuttiest thing: remember how Jack used to line up his trains end to end, then side by side...Wy is doing the same thing. It is funny and creepy in a weird deja vu sort of way. He is NEVER without a train in one hand.

Since Wy loves trains so much, I thought I would try to find a James or Gordon outfit. I didn't scour the Universe or anything, but had no luck. I did find a toddler Thomas costume. Jack has a Thomas outfit left from last year that still fits him. I thought they would be cute in little matching outfits. (What have I become?)

Jack has been running around the house the last few days in his Thomas the Tank Engine 'costume' getting ready for Halloween. "I'm wearing Thomas, Daddy. I'm wearing Thomas." He likes his costume, but he says Thomas and Percy are "skeered of Havoveen, but Thomas yikes canny." I am going to have John get the boys in their train get ups and bring them out to the theatre that night for like the last 20 minutes of rehearsal. It will do us all some good to see a couple of cuties!

John and I were trying to wake up the boys yesterday morning. I said "Good morning, Jack!" His response? "Is not."

Jack watches "noovies" and has taken to wearing a do rag this week."

OK friends, that is it for this week. Send me some good vibes that I can fit in a little update next week - rehearsals are going to be crazy! We love and send blessings to all of you!

a, j, j & wy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackson in a "do~rag' is the funniest thing ....I'd love a copy of this....I'd add it to my copy of "Jack in da' hood" pic that Beth took one day while we were shopping at Nebraska Furn. Mart