My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Oh, I Just Can't Wait...!

My Fellow Americans,

First let me apologize if I disapointed any of you by not participating in last night's Presidential debate. I spent last night with The Lion King, Mufasa, his beautiful wife, Queen Sarabi and their delightful son, Prince Simba. I do not believe it would have been very politic of me to cancel our engagement in order to banter with a couple of Senators.

I caught up with bits and pieces of last night's debate by listening to NPR this morning. Though I did cringe, gasp and chuckle at some of the arrows our esteemed Senators shot at each other, I must confess, I was not moved to tears by their words. I was however moved to tears of wonder, joy and amazement as I observed His Highness and the amazing animals of his kingdom. What magnificent creatures; except for Prince Scar and his entourage of hyenas. That last comment is sctrictly entrez nous.

Although I did not meet Joe the Plumber, I frequently have dinner with John the Shop Foreman and he is a very nice fellow. He is the kind of guy who just wants to provide for his kids and get them a shot at a good education while still being able to take care of himself and his wife in their retirement.

Finally, Vice Presidential hopeful Meghann Henry left me a message last night. (I did not take her call as I thought it would be rude to do so in front of royal hosts.) She wanted to ask my opinion about the laundering of Zombie outer wear. I firmly believe Zombies are entitled to have their clothes laundered if they so desire. I fully support Zombie integration. I mean, Zombies are people after all, or at least they were, now they are Zombies. Any one of us could potentially become a Zombie some day. That being said, I want to point out that this ticket is the only party fighting for the rights of Zombies. This grassroots movement was abandoned late last year, but my party has picked up the bloody stump that was left to decay and we are marching forward, for liberty and justice for all!

Oh, I just can't wait to be Queen! I mean King! I mean President!!!

0 comments: