My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Who's your dolt?

Jess headed off for Mercy last week. She was very nervous but to her surprise, she had a wonderful first day! She had a great time bowling with her Mercy 'big sister', the other freshmen and their 'big sisters'. And, there was a journalist there - Jess and her sisters made into the Omaha paper! Follow this link to read the article! The actual first few days of school were quite rocky, but I think things are settling down. I try to text, facebook or talk to Jess every day, however I haven't heard back from her very much. She told me she is very busy with classes and has taken on volleyball to boot. Keep your fingers crossed and send some prayers or good energy out there for her.

Jack has been obsessed with going to K-mart. He keeps telling me which trains are available at K-mart and that I will get them for him. Jack has been obsessed with my being on "a-cation." He is sad that I was on vacation and refused to go to Crown Center so he could play with the train table at the toy store. Even though we visited the train table at the US Toy, he wasn't satisfied - he insisted on the train table at my work. I stood my ground - I was not going to work in any way shape or form even for my sweet sweet Jack.

Jack was telling John "Mommy liked it when I was a baby." I said "I like you now too, pal. You are a lot of fun to talk to and hang out with." Jack said "Fank you, mommy. Fank you, but I was talking to Daddy."
Dad, John and my brother-in-law Mark put up a swing set in the back yard a few weekends ago. The kids have to have an adult with them to go out and play. Jack is constantly asking to go outside. He tells me "I have a dolt to go with me, mommy." I ask him who his "dolt" is and he says "Um, I have one, I do, I do." We dolts are still trying to figure out which one of us he actually means is his dolt...

Wy - hugs himself and says "I happy." Then he likes to go around the room and ask each person if they are happy. If you answer that you are not happy, this makes him very sad and he will tell you that you are happy until you tell him that yes you are happy. At this point he beams with happiness that he brought up your spirts and tells you "I happy!"

If Wy is in trouble or he is unhappy, he curls up in the fetal postion with his forehead on the floor and cries "Nooooo." If he gets put in time out, he sits there and yells "NO!" A few times I have lightly swatted him on the bottom for something and he wipes his bottom hard and then throws it away shouting "NO!" as if he is erasing the fact that I swatted him.

Abby & Connie have completed their first week of school. Even though Jess is off in Omaha, it is still quite crazy around here with all the scheduling, cleaning etc. At our most recent family meeting we decided to divvy up some of the adult responsibilities. One of us is in charge of scheduling, someone else chores, another person cooking etc. Hopefully this will help us to share and ease burdens at the same time. And I hope it will allow us to get the kids a bit more out doors a bit more. We do have a bit of scholastic incentive for that though; Abby has a walking program that she is supposed to participate in for school. Every mile she walks earns her a check mark. Then I think so many check marks earn her something at school.

Devlyn stayed the night with Devon at her apartment twice last week. With Devon so close, we are talking about each of the girls taking turns staying a night or the whole weekend with Devon. The girls are excited about possibly getting some one on one special time with their mama.

OK - that does it for today. I'll be in touch again next week. Love and blessings,
Amy & the Gang.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Wy that I sure could use a hug, nd he can give it to me through you.

Love your blog and all of you lots.
Kathy