My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

I thought I should be the first one to tell you...

Devon thought Wyatt and Devlyn were asleep for their nap yesterday afternoon. Suddenly, she saw the two of them scamper across the hall towards the bathroom. She says Wy stopped at the top of the steps and said "Devon! We had a party!" Devlyn grabbed him by the wrist and delivered a perfect stage whisper "Don't tell her that!" and pulled Wy into the bathroom where they started to wash up. Devon knew they were up to no good so she high tailed it upstairs to discover multiple major incidents of graffiti. Dad got home shortly after Devon discovered the crime(s). He turned around and went back out for magic erasers so they could clean it up "before Amy got home." No dice people - Ian Flemming may say that Diamonds are Forever, but I'm here to tell you that he didn't know what he was talking about. SHARPIES are Forever. After John got home and took in the devastation, he called me and said "I thought I should be the first one to tell you..." I got all hot in the face. I knew someone had been in a wreck. Someone was in the hospital. John had broken some part of the engine on his truck and he couldn't fix it and now we had to buy him a new truck... Whatever it was, it was going to be bad if John had to tell me first. Then he said something to the effect of "Wyatt & Devlyn found a handful of sharpies and attacked a door, a floor, 2 closets, 2 walls, 2 dressers, 3 beds..." who knew my body would or could be filled with relief at the thought of a 4 and 3 year old running wild through my house with sharpies? And that is exactly what happened.

The girls bedroom wall...

Wyatt's bed...

The boys' closet...

The girls' wall...

The girls' closet...

A surprise evidently left over from a previous wall writing incident...

Who's sorry now?

I know I shouldn't go there, but this child looks like she has sharpie stigmata on her feet...

0 comments: