My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Where I find joy and other things

Me: OK, boys, it's time to go to bed.
Jack: But Mommy, I didn't have my vitamin.
Me: Yes, you did.
Jack: OK, but I didn't play wiff vis Thomas station.
Me: Well, you will have to play with it tomorrow.
Jack: OK, but can we watch a movie first?

John: OK, boys, I'm going to go change my pants and then we can go.
Wyatt: (Full of concern) Did you poop your pants, Daddy?
John: No.
Wyatt: Did you pee?
John: No.
Wyatt: (Very confused) Oh...

John: So, Wyatt, Do you want Daddy to cut your cheese sandwich into squares or triangles?
Wyatt: No, I don't want my sandwich cut into squares or triangles or any other silly idea.

Gammy: Jack, what kind of oatmeal do you want for breakfast; plain, cinnamon roll, apple cinnamon or banana bread?
Jack: I want plain, because I LOVE PLANES!!!

Jack: Can I have oatmeal for a bedtime snack?
Me: What kid asks for an oatmeal snack?
Jack: Um...I did?

Wyatt: Mommy, I have three words for you.
Me: What?
Wyatt: Fan! Tast! Tic!

Wy has taken to calling Jack "Jackie".
"Jackie? Will you play wif me?" "Jackie? Can I have a bite?" "Jackie! You are silly!"

We were sitting in church on Sunday and Wyatt leaned back in my arms and really looked at me for a moment. Then he said "Mommy, I fink you are beautiful." I have no idea what the readings were about because I was busy crying.

Wyatt has decided that if an adult can punish him or a kid can thwart him, then it is only fair that he should be able to retaliate in kind. For example:
Mommy: Wyatt! That is 3! Take 5!
Wyatt: Fine, but you can't go to a fee-atre wiff me! (You can't go to a theatre with me.) He also gives you the stink eye when he declares this punishment. If Wyatt threatens you with not being able to go to the theatre with him, you know you have made your way to the bottom of his list.

Jack was doing homework in a Highlights magazine - he was working on one of the puzzles where you identify 2 identical pictures out of 6 possible options. I told him it was sometimes easier to cross off the ones you knew were wrong. He starts crossing off pictures. I made him stop and tell me what was wrong about each picture. In an exasperated tone he let me know his reasoning for crossing off each picture. Then he suddenly said "This one is right!" and put a circle around it. I asked how he knew that truck was one of the two matching images. He looked at me and said "Mommy, you just go to the menu in the back." and he flipped to the ANSWER SECTION of the magazine. Sure enough, he had circled one of the matching trucks. I think he had looked at that puzzle before...

We had Abby's hair cut WAY short this week. Over the last month or so she has been secretly hacking chunks out of her hair.

0 comments: