My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

The Sad Story of Jesus

I picked Jack up from school and we were on our way to pick up Wyatt from daycare when Jack said "Mommy, do you want to hear the sad story of Jesus? He dies in this story." I told him that I would like to hear the story and he pulled out this long strip of paper that looks like a strip of film with pictures of the Stations that the kids had colored and put in the correct order. He started telling me the story:

"Station One:
Jesus is condemned to death.

Station Two:
Jesus carries the cross.

Station Three:
Jesus falls the first time.

Station Four:
Mary prays for Jesus.

Station Five:
Sam carries the cross with Jesus.

Station Six:
A girl wipes Jesus' face.

Station Seven:
Jesus falls the second time.

Station Eight:
Jesus meets a free woman.

Station Nine:
Jesus falls the third time.

Station Ten:
Jesus' clothes gets taken away.

Station Eleven:
Jesus gets nailed to the cross.

Station Twelve:
This one might make you cry, ok, Mommy? Cuz' Jesus dies.

Station Thirteen:
Jesus gets down from the cross.

Station Fourteen:
Jesus gets put into a tomb.

Station Fifteen:
Jesus gets...Jesus gets...um, Jesus gets back alive?"

Then he showed me one of the pictures he colored at school for his story:

I never knew Jesus had purple hair...

0 comments: