My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Go, Dog, Go!

When Jack was just beginning to learn to read, I had him read Go, Dog, Go! every night. He was very frustrated with words and I thought if we could just hit the same material over and over, he would start recognizing words. I thought for sure he would hate that book by the end, but he still loves it and when he heard that Paul Mesner's puppet company was doing Go, Dog, Go! He wanted to go! (And yes, I let them wear their Haloween costumes to the show.)




Not only did we see the show, but John took the boy scout troupe to the American Royal Rodeo this week. He told Jack they were going to see some mutton bustin' and Jack was all excited to try it out. After seeing the kids ride the sheep he wants nothing to do with the bustin of muttons.

0 comments: