My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Pinewood Derby

Jack & Wyatt participated in their very first Pinewood Derby race the other week. The Scouts all came home with pinewood blocks to prep for the races. Jack decided on an American Flag theme and got to work. Wyatt felt left out, but no worries - this was the first year the JP2 Scouts invited siblings to participate! John picked up a block at the hobby store for Wy who happily declared his vehicle would be an orange truck.


Here are my fellas at the races. I will admit I was not looking forward to the evening - especially after I saw there were 6 heats with 12 races each. Even though there were 72 individual races the whole thing went rather quickly: after all, each race was over in 2-3 seconds.


Jack was thrilled with his 12th place ranking. He came in 12th out of 13. He didn't care, he placed 2nd in all but two races.


After the races, pleased as punch and already excited for next year's races!

0 comments: