My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Buried Treasure

It was pretty warm last weekend and the boys were begging to play outside. A few minuets after heading outside they came back in having decided they were going to bury a hidden treaure. First they had to dig a hole. This was no problem. John pulled out some gardenign tools and the fellas went to work.
After they had dug a hole to their liking they headed back in to find a suitable treasure to bury. People, you would not believe how hard it is to find a suitable treasure. I mean one that parents and children can agree on. No, we cannot bury Mommy's jewelry. No we cannot bury the silver cup. I ransacked the house until I found one of those dumpy gold Mardi Gras necklaces and a 'crystal' bead.


Out the door they ran to put their treasure in Wyatt's new front loader. Then there was the argument over who got to dump the treasure into the hole and who would scoop the dirt over the treasure. Everything was finally worked out satisfactorily and a buried treasure is now waiting to be dug up again.

0 comments: