My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Yellow Dragons

Jack's soccer team after the last game of the season.
Part way into the season coach asked if any other parents could help keep the boys in line during practices. I know nothing about soccer but I can seperate kids and break up fights with the best of them so I volunteered. I was surprised to hear "Coach Amy" in the first 15 minutes of my first practice (and yes I have to think about it before I call it practice instead of rehearsal and intermission versus half time...) Unfortunately the boys didn't win any of their games this season. That is not entirely based on their skills or lack thereof. At this point the league is broken up by grade and a lot of boys on the other teams are a year or two older even though they were also in First grade. I have come to learn that a lot of public school parents opt to hold their kids back a year so their classes will have stronger sports teams - the older the kids are, the stronger their skills should be. It was shocking to see how much bigger some of the kids on the other teams were. I mean shocking. Better luck in the fall Yellow Dragons!

0 comments: