My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Birthday Boys

John and Daddy share the birthday and their day fell on a super busy Monday this year. Wyatt had his speech therapy at 4:30 then J & W had piano from 5:15-6:15 then it was swimming lessons from 6:30-7 and Wy had 1st grade jump start from 7-8. I was not cooking dinner after that so we went out to Joe's Crab Shack.
And since we are watching the gluten, I made up a GF dessert in advance.
 

 
I tried a variation on a graham cracker crust substituting corn chex for the graham crackers. I put the corn chex through the food processor and combined it with melted butter but I wanted a bit of a surprise so I threw walnuts into the processor and added that to my crust mixture. Then I made chocolate pudding and put half of that on top of the crust. I added half a tub of cool whip to the remaining pudding and put that on top of the straight up chocolate pudding. Then I put the last of the cool whip on top of that layer. Then I took a vegetable peeler and shaved chocolate bark on top of the whole thing and put it in the fridge.
The pudding pie was a hit and I have been asked to make it again. That sounds like a win for everybody!
 
Happy birthday John & Daddy!

0 comments: