My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Splishin and a splashin

I had to wash the car seat covers the other day. As I was replacing the covers and putting the seats back in the car, I heard the boys giggling and squealing with delight. It should come as no surprise to me by now that squealing laughter from these two boys means they are up to no good. Sure enough, they were having all kinds of questionable fun while I was wrestling with car seats. By the time I made it back upstairs the bathroom was bathed in toilet water. They had splished and splashed all over the bathroom. There was a party goin' on in there. Mysteriously Jack was not very wet, yet Wy was drenched, the walls and floors were sopping wet, the towels were soaked and the Thomas book was dripping. It was a big ole mess...Yeah, me.

Wyatt is coming more and more to the belief that he doesn't necessarily have to listen to what mommy says. For instance, when mommy says "Wyatt! You put that down!" He may or may not look at mommy. He may or may not put down whatever it is he has his hands on. He may or may not simply walk away with said object in his hands as if nothing had ever been said. There have even been occasions when Wy backs away from me as I approach to take something away from him. On other occasions, he simply turns and makes a run for it. And so, Wy has had to sit on the naughty step a few times this week. At the moment, he doesn't understand the naughty step. He simply doesn't like it when I don't let him get up.

Jack got a new winter coat a few weeks ago. It has a little Tigger patch on the front. One of the price tags had a picture of Winnie-the-Pooh on it. Wy is OBSESSED with this tag. He refuses to give it up. Every time I think "Wow - I haven't seen that nasty little tag in a few days," Wy comes trotting around the corner with this mangled scrap of paper. He shoves it at you and says "POOH! POOH! POOH!" Then you have to sit and admire it with him. Now, Wyatt is the destroyer of books. He loves them. He destroys them. For as many books as he destroys, I'm amazed that this little bit of paper has survived our Hurricane Wyatt.

Sometimes Jack will cock an eyebrow at me. I asked him to lift one of his eyebrows for a picture and this is what I got...He is actually lifting up his eyebrow. He can now button and unbutton his buttons. He runs all over the place with an "esascope" (a toy stethoscope) and tries to chase down the cats so he can listen to their heartbeats. He chases Libby all over the house calling "Yibby, swow down!"

Earlier in the week I took the boys out to have lunch with Gammy. As we were heading back to the car, we were passing piles and piles of leaves. I asked Jack if he wanted to run through the leaves and he started jumping around "YES! YES! YES, PLEASE!" So I said "Go run through the leaves, tiger." He looked at me and said "OK!" Then he took off at a run yelling "RRRAAARRRGGGHHH!!!" as he plowed through each pile.

Jack has had a bit of a scratchy voice this week. One morning my mom asked "Jack, do you have a frog in your throat?" Jack said "No. Is a dinosaur in my pants." To which I said, "Well, OK then." He went running past me and I saw he had on a pair of underwear with a little stegosaurus on the backside.

Here are the boys just hanging with Poppy. Well, friends, that does it for me this week. I hope you are all blessed in large and small ways this week. Until next weekend, much love from Owenland Park!

0 comments: