My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Puppy rollers, pots and pans...my life in a nutshell

Folks, the last week and a half flew by in the blink of an eye. The boys and I hung out together in the morning and I spent the afternoons and evenings in rehearsals. Life is back to 'normal' now that we went into performances today. (Except that we will be doing 2 extra shows each week to accommodate the holiday demand. Since I haven't had much time with the boys last week, I have tried to keep our time fun...

I volunteered to look for a prop at my local Toys R Us and I took the boys with me. They had no idea I was working as I just said "Hey! Do you wanna go to a store with just TOYS?" Jack was thrilled to say the least. Up and down the aisles and I'm handing toys to the boys to play with, pulling out discarded toys and putting them on the shelves in the WRONG places. I'm sure I was the mom that all Toys R Us employees HATE. But, I was on a timeline and the boys were having fun so...

Anyway, after a while Jack starts shouting "Puppy roller! Puppy roller!" I had no idea whathe was flipping out about. I had to look around for a minute to even figure it out. He had seen a small stuffed puppy on wheels. I pulled Jack out of the cart and handed him the leash on this little "puppy roller" and he walked that dog all over the store. He turned a corner and the puppy caught on something and fell over. I called his attention to it and he turned around said "OH! So sorry, puppy!" and righted the little fella and off they went again. (This was taken on my cell phone - I can't make it appear any larger than this oddly sized little thumbnail - sorry.)

I took the boys to the park one morning. That wasn't a very well thought out plan as it rained and rained the night before. Oh well, the boys came home with wet pants from the slides. They didn't care. They had so much fun on the swings and slides.

We did spend some time just hanging around the house playing with fire trucks and such... Jack calls pineapple "apple pie." He is desperately trying to assert his independence by refusing to eat things, wetting his pants when he walks into the bathroom and a number of other things. Poor kid - it must really be hard being 3. I should tell him it isn't any easier being 35, but I don't think he will care.


Wy has added a few more words to his little collection - Either I speak mommy or if you listen carefully and know a little bit about the Thomas trains - you can figure out who he is talking about. "Dee-eh teh!" is Diesel 10 and so forth.Here is the little guy Wy playing on the pots and pans - one of his new favorite activities

Little Bear thought he was pretty boss when I was trying to put his car seat back in the car. He clambered up into the seat while I went to get his chair. Then he refused to budge when I tried to get him to move over so I could put the seat in. He thought this was a wonderful game and protested loudly when I finally moved him out of the way.

OK friends, overdue and overtired. I may or may not get one out to you this weekend - All I can say is I love you and I will try.

1 comments:

Jon, Ron, Atticus, and Dorian said...

Dear Santa,
Please read this blog and realize that Jack needs a puppy roller, because his parents only have old pots and pans for the child to play with.
Thank you Santa,
your humble kid on the Good list - Uncle Ron