My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Now, I am ready to dance!

Wy had his 3 year check up a few weeks ago with his new Dr and I think she is fantastic. She was great with both the boys, she brought up a lot of really great points and spent a lot of time talking to Wyatt. She isn't worried about the lisp on his S's - she said a speech therapist won't even touch it until he is 5. She agreed that we don't want to make an issue out of it, or give him a complex but she gave me a few tips on how to call his attention to it and let it go.

Jess decided she wanted to do a facial at home. She looked on line for recipes etc and then started rooting through the kitchen. That child couldn't find an avacado to use on her face, so she just grabbed a bowl of guacamole and slathered up. She then covered the bowl in tin foil and wrote "DO NOT EAT" on it because she was going to do another facial in a week. I was not prepared to look at a week old bowl of nasty brown/black guacamole so I tossed it.

I'm not very ticklish. Jack loves to be tickled. John and Wy hate it.
Wy was tickling me and I told him my tickler was broken. He said "Oh, vat's ok. I will buy you anover one at ve store. Wet's go!" I asked him "Where is your money?" He said "Right here!" and pointed to me.

John was getting Wy dressed for bed a few nights this week and they have established a bit of a pattern; undress, change the underwear, put on PJ pants - at which point Wy turns to John and says "NOW, I am ready to dance!"

Jack loves his new bicycle and is constantly telling us he needs to "practice hills". He let me know a few days ago that he needed to "Practice". I turned around and saw he had on his helmet, a long sleeved shirt, long pants and knee high rain boots. I told him he was going to be too hot with a helmet and rubber boots on. He let me know that he HAS to wear a helmet and he refused to listen to my advice about shirt, pants or shoes.

0 comments: