My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

The hole in my ceiling

I was cooking or cleaning or cleaning something in the kitchen one night last week and I heard the sound of running water. Interestingly enough, it wasn't coming from the kitchen. I start looking around and I hear it coming from the dining room. Looking and looking it took me a minute to spot the water GUSHING down the dining room wall. I FLEW upstairs yelling the whole way to turn off the water. The culprit turns out to be the copper pipe that had completely corroded.

So Dad & John cut big holes in the dining room ceiling this weekend and replaced sections of pipe. I was a little concerned about another greenish area on one of the pipes and said as much to John. He said "This part right here?" and tapped it with his pocket knife. The tip of the knife went right through the pipe so they replaced that section too. Thank goodness I was around or they would have put the ceiling back up and THAT section would have corroded through too! My work here is done.

Anyway, here is the ceiling:

Dad says the next step is to pull down the wood beam to see how much mold or whatever is up there. I see no quick end to the hole in my ceiling. At least I don't have to fix it myself or hire someone to do it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog never fails to put a smile on my face. Thanks!