My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Tards and butterflies

We were eating dinner and Devlyn says "When we are early to school my teacher givesus a ticket and calls us 'Early Birds' but when we are late she calls us 'Tards'. I said "I don't think she calls you 'Tards.'" Devlyn looked at me and yelled "Yes she does!"

Our next door neighbor brought us a jar of caterpillars. He said they were going to make their cocoons any day and next August they would emerge as butterflies. He thought the kids would get a kick out of watching the process. He had great timing because 2 days later all 4 caterpillars made their cocoons. He was only partially right about when they would hatch. The boys and I got home one day last week and they started screaming with excitement. I went into the living room to find the butterfly jar on the floor with a butterfly flopping around inside. (I think the cats tried to get the poor little guy and batted the jar around the dining room floor until they gave up...)We were just heading outside to set the little guy free when Jessica came home. She held the butterfly on her hand for a few minutes but made me take it off her because it's feet felt super creepy!

Two days after that ANOTHER one of the butterflies hatched. This one was orange and released before I made it home.

0 comments: