My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

O-Ver-Due!

So what have we been up to since January?

We have registered Wyatt for Kindergarten. WHAT? I said Kindergarten. He turns 5 in May and heads off with the big kids come August.


Jack has been continuing his piano lessons and is staying active in the Cub Scouts. The boys started soccer practice while I was in NY. And yes that means Wyatt is now playing soccer.



When the games are over, the parents form a tunnel and the kids all run through like champions whether they win or lose. (The kids seem to enjoy the tunnel run more than the game.) I caught Wy just as he was entering the tunnel for his very first tunnel run.


We aren't sure if he is going to continue to play soccer or not. At his first game the coach put him in, Wy burst onto the field with plenty of energy. He grabbed up two fist fulls of grass and threw them to the sky. He looked up and saw the beauteous splendour of the heavens and laid down on the field - legs spread wide and hands behind his head. Another little boy thought this was a good idea and joined Wyatt. They lay there with me yelling for them to get up as a herd of boys hurtled down the field toward them. Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Jack and I joined the Cub Scouts for the annual Lakeside Nature Center clean up. Jack was "tired" from the start. His legs were tired. His hands were tired. He had no energy to pick up trash. He did though have enough interest, I mean energy to ask to be the fella who stood by the side of the road with the hazard sign warning drivers to be watchful of the volunteers. He could not understand WHY I refused to let him be the dude holding the sign.



I came away with a large inflamed swipe of impetigo across my face due to poison something along the wilds of 63rd Street near Swope Park. Thank you, Kansas City!

0 comments: