My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Library Basket

Schools are changing over to what is called the Common Core method of teaching. If you want to check out what Wikipedia has to say about it, you can follow the link here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Core
Wit Common Core in mind, the teachers are still pushing for kids to get in their reading time but they are emphasizing that half of the time spent reading needs to be on non fiction material. There isn't a reading list per se - it is my understanding that common core encourages the kids to be self driven in what they are reading.

Since the boys and I are on alternating schedules I asked them what they were interested in reading and told them I would head off to the library and pick up som books. Jack wants to read about people who protect our planet and Wyatt asked for books on Nature. So after a few errands this morning I stopped in at the Library and enlisted the help of the fella in the youth section. He set me in the right direction and I came away with three books for each boy.

Jack gets to read about the army, what happens to our trash after it leaves our house and NATO.
Wyatt gets to read about the homes that animals make, the ocean and

I was quite worried about misplacing library books at the house so when I got home I dug around until I found this great basket and it is now our Library Basket.

0 comments: