My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Homework


Since Jack began his reading and writing journey, he has become obsessed with lists. This I understand as I am obsessed with lists. Jack's lists however are lists of trains. He writes their names over and over - and over and over. He calls it his homework. He is actually doing a great job of guessing what letters make up the trains' names. When he goes to the grocery store with me, he wants to take a long a notebook and a pen (NOT a pencil) so he can work on his lists. I have little plastic trays in the car that he likes to rest on his lap so he can write on a desk like surface.

Wy blew me away the other day. He wanted to do some homework and I gave him a book of simple mazes. He BLEW through pages of these mazes and with the exception of having the penmanship of a 3 year old - he was SPOT ON. Crazy. I'm going to have to step up his homework.

0 comments: