My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Jack's first field trip

To the Kansas City Pumpkin Patch! I went along as a driver/helper for the day.

You can check us out at http://owenlandparkproductions.shutterfly.com/. There are 20 kids (7 boys and 13 girls: believe it or not, 3 of the girls are named Olivia) in Jack's class. This was my first opportunity to really meet his classmates. I was in charge of 4 kids but all the kids were everywhere and I was trying to start learning names. I asked one little girl her name and she put a hand on her hip and said to me "Um, you already asked me that." She might as well have said "Well you aren't the brightest bulb in the box." All I can say is she didn't even bother to learn my name and I was chasing down 20 names...Not fair! Not fair!!!

And who knew that 5 year olds are OBSESSED with vampires? I did not know this. The drive to this place was about 35 minutes and the 4 kids in my car talked about vampires non stop. They told vampire stories, they talked with Transylvanian accents, they told us about their vampire dreams. One young man kept telling us about the dream he had about the vampire in his underwear...

Anyway, it was a great day and I have managed to keep a few names (with their proper faces) in my head. And though I don't think any of the kids remembered my name, the remember me and wave and say hi when they see me in the hall way.

Today is black and orange day at school. The kids get to wear jeans if they wear something black or orange. The girls picked do rags and look like preppy thugs. Jack already had an orange shirt and pull over fleece jacket. He didn't want to wear either of them - I assume it is because we didn't run out and buy them band new last night...

Wish us luck, we have our first Parent/Teacher conference next week. I'm already putting too much emotional energy into stressing out for that.

0 comments: