My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

The pole


This is the pole. This is the pole my children run into at school. Connie has run into it three times since she came to JP2. The last time she ran into the pole, she ran into so hard that mom took her to the Urgent Clinic to make sure she didn't have a concussion.
Jack ran into this pole last week. He had such an egg on his head that the nurse called me to warn me about it. She must have thought I was getting upset as she kept telling me he was ok. I finally had to tell her I was fine and was desperately trying not to laugh. She then told me Jack was quite put out with her. He kept telling her "You are going to make me miss my recess!" She insisted on his staying with her though to make sure he was fine.
Later that same evening mom and I attended a school auction meeting. The principal was there and I asked her if other children ran into this pole or was it just our kids? I told her I wasn't gunning to have a pole removed from school grounds, I was just trying to determine if mine were the only kids who kept running into a pole in the middle of NOWHERE. I'm not sure she believed me about wanting the pole removed.

0 comments: