My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

E.R. and a 5 year old? Anyone? Anyone?


Earlier in the week Devlyn cut her pinky finger open on a Coka-Cola glass. Mom took her to the emergency room and God help anyone who has to sit for hours at a hospital with a 5 year old and nothing to do. Mom said Devlyn was "wound tighter than an 8 day clock." When the finally emerged from the E.R., Devlyn had 3 stitches and a removable cast. (The cast is removable as we need to change the dressing 3 times each day until the stitches come out.)

Devlyn is fascinated with her cast. For example, she sits at the dinner table and STABS the cast with her dinner fork: repeatedly with brute force.

0 comments: