My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

I promise

Wyatt is very concerned about accidentally making a naughty hand sign. He keeps checking in to make sure which finger is which and which one is the naughty finger when it is up all by itself. "Mommy, is vis my middle finger? Ven I won't point it up at you. I promise."

Jack now makes nearly all decisions based on the "Eeny, meeny, miney-mo" method of elimination. If the process ends with a selection he is unhappy with, he then has to process how to play the game in order to land on the option he really wants. I generally let him go through this 2 or 3 times before I tell him he can't have anything unless he makes a decision as we don't have all day to work it all out.

Last week Jack brought his friend Dominic to see the show. Before the show we stopped at Union Station and the boys got to talk to the fireman in charge of the mini fire department museum. They tried on little kid fireman coats, hats, boots and gloves. They climbed all over the old fashioned mini fire engine. They took a ride on the kiddie train and ran like crazy kids through the train model train exhibit. We bought little propellers from the gift shop and flew them in the west hall. They ate chicken and fries at the Fritz's and then helped me get the lights, sound and props ready for the show. They had a great time at the show and made sad faces when we dropped Dominic off at home at the end of the evening. I'm super thrilled that he likes school and is making friends. I am very much looking forward to more play dates and budding friendships!

0 comments: