My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Back To School Night

Last night was Back To School Night. John and I had the opportunity to meet Jack's teacher and say hello to Wyatt's teacher (she taught Jack as a Kinder so we already know her.) Then we had cookies! I say a night that ends in cookies is a great night.
All the kinders have their 'headshots' hanging up outside the kinder room. Mrs. G asks them a few questions about themselves and writes in their answers for them. Wyatt is very into the word "awkward" right now. He is trying to figure out how and when to use the word. My favorite times are when he uses the word awkward in his falsetto. "Um, Mommy, that was AWKWARD!"
 Sharing time.
 Praying time.
This is Wyatt's little friend, Garth. My friend Julie brought Garth to us last summer when Wy was home recovering from being hit by a car. Garth has become a dear friend and he was the lucky one selected to go to school with Wyatt. I took a peek in Wy's desk last night and this is what I found.

 Here we are outside the 2nd grade room. I know, I know - I only got one shot of Jack's stuff, but there wasn't anything else up to snap a photo of and I didn't think to take a picture of his desk. The leaves on his flower are hard to read but he says "I have sissrs" "I have a glue sick" "I have it" "I will do it" "I can do it" I like pizze"
 After BTS night John and I swung by the Subway with another set of parents for a quick bite to eat and some parental chit-chat. We got in at 10:00 and the boys were still up. When Jack saw me he started to cry. He told me they were worried because they didn't knwo where we were and they were worried we had been hurt. We had a cuddle up and I promised to make sure we let them know where we were going and if we would be home by bedtime or not. I told them to hop in my bed while I bushed my teeth and when I came back they were cuddled up in a little bro-fest. I love these boys.

0 comments: