My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

First week of homework

I have tried to turn this picture and I cannot get it to budge so you will just have to tilt your head to the side. Jack's 2nd grade teacher was obsessed witht he Olympics this summer and has decided to make it a theme for the school year. The kids learned about the Olympics starting in Greece and a lot of cool facts about the Olympics. Jack's teacher is using positive reinforcement ideas for classroom behavior. She awards little fuzzies (pom-poms) when she or another teacher catches a student practicing good behavior, getting your daily homework signed by mom & dad, study skills - you get the idea. Large fuzzies are handed out for a week's worth of homework, so many book reports and so on.
 Here is Wyatt's Friday Folder. It was jam packed full of work he had done last week. John and I had a hard time picking out one example for you, but we sort of really love the crazy monkey. Wyatt is very proud of what he has learned already. He can spell "go". He learned about the words "Live", "Love" and "Laugh". And he got a Smarty Pants ticket. Don't worry - being a Smarty Pants in Mrs. G's class is actually a good thing.

0 comments: