My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Super Hero names

I started rehearsals for Spring Awakening today which means I will only see the boys for a brief spot in the mornings over the next three weeks. As yesterday was our last day together (school starts next Monday) I took them to Kaleidoscope for a bit of creative fun. They were not interested in anything Kaleidoscope had to offer until I found the paper masks and then it was on.
  
The fellas were having so much fun making masks that I decided to join the band. We decided we looked like super heroes and spent the car ride home deciding on our super hero names. Jack landed on Captain Falcon. Wyatt decided he wanted to be called Captain Thuder. Then Jack decided they couldn't both be Captains. This was very upsetting to poor Wyatt who just wanted to be a Captain. Jack finally gave in and decided he would be called Lacario. I have no idea what that means or where it came from but there it is. They both have super powers relating to lightning, thunder and electricity.

I have decided that I am the Masked Mommy. My powers are the eyes in the back of my head, the super sonic ears for hearing when children are suspiciously too quiet or when they are fighting. I'm also gifted with the super hero power of whipping up some good dinners!

0 comments: