My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Pouting & recovering

My poor nephew was not happy when Mommy left this morning. He wouldn't talk to me so I took his pouty picture.
My niece Shelby was released from Children's Mercy Sunday night. She, Melanie & Noah have been hanging out with us this week while Mark has been in KU. Mark gets released today so everyone is excited to go home.
Shelby has hairline fractures all through her head as well as a concussion. She is slow going but doing well. Mark had to have 3 surgeries that I know of: 1 to relocate his hip, 1 to reconstruct the hip socket and 1 to repair all the bones in his face. He cannot put any pressure on his hip for 8-12 weeks I think so he will be in an assisted living home for his recouperation and part of his physical rehab. Fortunately the home is minutes away from their house.
Things are not great, but they could be much worse. Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. Please let me know if you are wanting more updates on Mel's brood.

0 comments: