My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Recitals, recitals all around

Jack and Wyatt had a recital on Sunday. This is Jack's 2nd but Wyatt's very first recital!

Jack was going to play a Mario Bros piece, but the piece is just a bit too advanced for him. He is able to play the right hand and left hand parts seperately quite well. Put them together and it just isn't happening yet. He is quite upset about not being good at playing with both hands. I keep telling him to practice and be patient - he will get there. If you have any advice to pass on to this little man it would be greatly appreciated. He is being pretty hard on himself.
For this recital he played Vacation Days by Thompson and Down the Road by Fletcher.


And here is Wy's first time at bat. He did a great job with both of his pieces: The Flyer and The Steamboat - both by Fletcher.


And here are the boyos with their teacher.

Stephen loves to play piano just as much as the other fellas. He often pulls himself up onto the bench to play along while the boys practice. He also hauls himself up there to play solo throughout the day. I decided that if the boys were to have a recital, then Stephen deserved a recital as well. Here he is preparing for his World Premier of Ode of Odes!


And, the boys decided that if they were all giving recitals that it was only fair for Mommy to give a recital. Here I am playing my cutle little uke.

I played Albequerque is a Turkey (to the tune of Clementine), Tonight, You Belong To Me, Blowing In The Wind adn Fur Elise. Believe it or not everything was quite recognizable. I might not have maintained a consistent tempo at times but that has more to do with shifting between chord shapes and holding the uke than my ability to keep time! One of these days I shall post some video of all the musical stylins going on in Owenland Park.

0 comments: