My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Soccer-time!

Just a reminder for those of you who might be confused about Stephen - he is my nephew and he is staying with us for a while. Since he is in the 'Park grounds, he deserves some blog time.

2nd graders started soccer practice this week. Jack was thrilled to be in official practices. He and his classmates practice every day at recess, but these are official "with my coach and EVERYTHING!" Wyatt begged to go so he could play on the playground. Stephen tagged along and was desperate to join the big boys. He stood and watched the goings on for a good long while and then he started charging the field. I had to run to catch him.
After a few times of what I like to call 'catch and release' - I catch Stephen from charging into the middle of a soccer practice and release him on the sidelines - he opted to play with one of the extra balls. He actaully played a baby version of soccer - he acted as goalie and threw the ball into play and a couple of dads would kick the ball back to him. It was very sweet of the fellas to play with him.


When he was finally done and done with soccer he let me know it was swing time.

I will try to catch some soccer action of your favorite boys during upcoming practices. I might be preoccupied with little cutie pants here though.

0 comments: