My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Ukuleles, rulers and snow.

The boys had been asking to practice on my ukulele but weren't that interested in my showing them any chords. I found out about a free beginner's lesson at Guitar Center and took the boys there of a Saturday morning. Jack did really well until it came time to put the chords together in a song. The instructor went a bit too fast for Jack to get his hands to comply. Jack decided it was too embarassing, gave me the uke and sat down at the back of the room. Wy kept trying though he really only did strumming. I can't blame him: it is quite a lot to hold the thing, strum with one hand and make the other hand form chords...too much. I let them play with mine at home and Jack seems actually interested in trying to learn a few chords. We shall see where it gets us! In the meantime, John is making a guitar/ukulele stand for me. (You may or may not remember but we got Jack a kid guitar for Christmas a year ago - we haven't done anything with it, but we have one.) Now that we have two stringed instruments they really need a nice looking home. I will post a pic once we get the stand together.

I am in love with Pinterest which means John's Honey-Do list is getting longer by the day. He recently finished this height chart/board thing for me. As you can see, we put it to use immediately. Then I pulled out our little Winnie-The-Pooh chart and transferred all their little heights onto the board. It is SO cute!



Here are my menfolks with their snowman a few days into the Snowpacolypse.

And the poor headless snowman a few days later.



0 comments: