My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Christmas Visits 2010

We had loads of wonderful visits with family and friends this Christmas. Sue and Steve and their young friend John spent a few days with us. We had some good food and conversation (You can't ask for better than that!) and John, Jack and Steve played Kerplunk! (a game with sticks and marbles - something about whoever gets the most marbles loses and Jack changed it around so that whoever had the most marbles was the winner. I'm sure you can take a wild guess about who kept ending up with the most marbles.)

Our Alabama branch of the family came in for a few days after Christmas. The kids had a great time catching up with Jude. (He was very much into playing football.) Lili, Marshall, John and I took a turn around Union Station and had a few drinks at Pierponts on New Year's Eve - we had a really nice time. My friend Laura stopped in for a visit and brought her beau. The boys were quite taken with both of them. We had lunch and every now and then the boys would pop in with a contribution to the conversation like "Well, one time when I was coloring..." and "Excuse me, I just made a fart!" About an hour into our visit, Jack couldn't stand it anymore and invited our guests downstairs to look at all the trains. When we reached the bottom of the stairs, Jack stopped, held his arms out to what we were about to see and in a very grown up voice said "Vis is a hot mess, ok?" as if to prepare us for the monsterous mess we were about to see.

I didn't get many pictures this time around (I kept running off to rehearsal) but if you would like to check em out - you can go to http://owenlandparkproductions.shutterfly.com/ and look at our Christmas Visits album.

Love, blessings and a safe New Year!

0 comments: