My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Day Care

Wy started his new day care program with Miss Carrie this week. John and I took him to meet her and the other kids when we interviewed her. I took Wy again when I dropped off our contract. Every day I casually mentioned that he would be starting on Tuesday and how many days away that was. He only ever made a frown at me until Tuesday morning. When I told him "Today you go to Miss Carrie's" he had a melt down. After some snuggling and talking he calmed down and I couldn't believe it when there was no crying when I dropped him off. Great job Wy! He isn't thrilled with the new day care arrangements, but he does say Miss Carrie is nice - so I think we are going to be fine. (Besides - one of the mom's John talked to said that most days she has to bribe her daughter to get her to LEAVE Miss Carrie's house at pick up time and another mom said her son still invites her to his birthday parties etc. even though he is in 2nd grade now.)

0 comments: