My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

I need another hole in my house...

...like I need another hole in my head!

This one was created by one of the girls at bedtime a few months ago. It was an accident or rather it wasn't on purpose. She was laying with her rear up against the wall as she sort of kicked the wall repeatedly. (She did not kick a perfectly rectangular hole int he wall. John cut it out so it would be ready for patching when the time came.)


It wouldn't be very nice of me to tell you why this hole is here. I'll just say that life happens.


This one is my fault. I mentioned to John that we should fix the leak in the shower head. I thought this was just a matter of replacing a gasket or installing a new shower head. Oh how wrong I was: it was a matter of replacing pipes and fittings and I glazed over early on in the whole explanation. I do know that I flipped out when I got home to find this huge hole in the wall.


We have had a long time leak in our upstairs bathroom. John has tried solutions that do not involve holes in the house, but finally came to the conclusion that there was nothing for it but to cut a hole. Poor guy tried the smallest hole he thought he could work with and due to unseen bracing in the wall/ceiling he had to cut a second hole then there just wasn't enough room to work so he finally decided to just make it one huge hole...

0 comments: