My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Bother-ation

Jack is growing out of his pants. He is again in that stage where he is too tall for the pants he has now but the next size up is too big in the waist...Anyway - John and I took the boys shopping to see if we could find any new pants for the Jack-man and while we were looking around Wy gives me the stink eye and says to me "Mommy, I'm going to pack you up and put you in my Lightning McQueen backpack where YOU WILL GET LOST. So daddy will have to cook and it will NOT be good." I have no idea where this came from, but I could tell he doesn't think Daddy is a good cook. John just looked at Wy and said "Buddy, if Mommy is lost in your backpack then we are sunk."

Jack is still playing his Libby Concerto. Almost every day he finds a few minutes to sit and play that little tune he made up. He even asked me if I wanted to hear it with four keys and proceeded to add a few more keys into the mix but still keep the same pattern.

Soccer practices start back up this Friday with weekend games soon to come. He has been looking forward to soccer ever since the fall season ended. Little guy has his birthday next week and we are inviting his classmates over for a party. Jack wanted a Spiderman party so I think they are going to become super-heroes for the afternoon. I have one of the theatre's teaching artists scheduled to come in and lead some imaginative play and games with the kids.

Wy is doing well. He likes his new day care lady and doesn't cry when we have to head out the door for her house. He even spent the weekend telling me he likes her - but he misses his Beff (Aunt Beth). I think the new lady cinched the deal a week ago when she picked up a big lot of Thomas toys on Craig's list. There are a number of trains and other things in the mix that we don't have at home. Wy of course wants to bring home the trains we don't have. I have laid down the law and said said "Absolutely not." Wy looked at me and said "Bother-ation!" I quite like "Botheration." I think I am going to work it into my daily vocabulary.

Mom and Wy are working on problems that involve thinking. Wy asks her "What becomes between numbers 5 and 7?" If mom answers correctly he tells her "Good job, Gammy!" Mom turns the tables on him and asks him what comes between 1 and 3 or A and C. A few of them he has to really think about, but he is doing a great job.
Wy: What becomes between 5 and 7? What becomes between 3 and 1?

Whenever I take the boys somewhere they both want to sit behind the me. This is not a problem if I only have one of the fellas with me. It can become a big deal when both of them were going. I quickly figured out that we could trade places every time we got out of the car (both of the boys are in boosters now.) This has solved a lot of fighting, but has also led to tearful comments like "I don't want to sit behind(gasp, gasp, gasp) nobody-y-y-y-y." Of course they save these moments for when I am in a race against time to get somewhere. I now just pick up the crying one and stick him in a booster muttering "Bother-ation."

I'm sure people in parking lots think I'm insane "Listen- your brother sat here on the way to the store so you have to sit behind nobody now and he gets to sit behind me. We will trade after we get to the bank, OK?"

The problem is a little different when the four of us go somewhere together. Whenever this happens, both the boys want to sit behind their father and it doesn't matter if he is driving or not. The only thing that changes is the comment "But I don't' wa-a-a-ant to sit behind Mo-o-o-ommy-y-y-y."

Bother-ation.

0 comments: