My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Gin & Tonic cupcakes

Did I mention I turned 40 a few weeks ago? My birthday is a few days before Wyatt's and I was super busy getting ready for his army part but I decided that 40 was indeed a pretty big milestone so I took some time out to do something for me and I made these DELIGHTFUL gin and tonic cupcakes. I had seen a few recipes online and sort of combined a few (cause I really don't bake from scratch) and they came out AMAZING!
There is gin and tonic in both the batter and the icing. I found a Key Lime icing which turned into a hybrid icing/glaze when I added the gin and tonic. Then I zested some limes on top for an extra little punch of flavor and color. They were so good!

0 comments: