My favorite quote

"I just wanted to tell you that your kids are the ONLY reason I will have kids when I'm older..."
Helen. 7/24/09

Words to live by

If it is to be, it is up to me.

Super Spiders

Wyatt is not really interested in participating in the soccer game so much as he is interested in being silly with his pals who just happen to be on a soccer team. In an effort to get Wyatt to actively participate in a game I did something I have NEVER done with these guys before: I offered money.
I told Wyatt that I would give him a dollar for every time he kicked the ball in an effort to score a goal for his team. I told him he would get a dollar for every score he stopped if he happened to be goalie and he would get FIVE dollars for every goal he scored. He went over and over the rules with me on the way to the game. Could he use the dollars for legos? Was it one dollar for every time he kicked the ball or touched it? And it was FIVE dollars if he scored a goal?
My hopes were up that he was going to be involved in a game. Then I realized I might have just unleashed
a demon.
Here they are offering up a team cheer to start the game. Wyatt wasn't rolling around in the grass. This could be good for my goal, but bad for my pocket book.

Half time snacks and I was in it for $6. SIX BUCKS! That boy ran after the ball. He kicked the ball. He ran after the ball again! It was crazy!

Here is his team - the Super Spiders. Now that the game was over (as was the prospect for more money) Wy thought it was more fun to make owl eyes than to pose for a picture. Of course he is the kid front and center... 

At their last practice of the season Coach had his Spiders play against their parents. I would have played but I was wearing flip flops so John stood in for us. I was surprised though by how comptetitive some of the other parents were with these 5 & 6 year olds...





0 comments: